Re: Rant

Author:Chris Gorski
Posted:1/6/2000; 7:53:03 PM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

Here's what I don't get. The HTML control is sitting in my System Folder right now! (And it's even IE5.) Look! I'm using it right now. See? I'm not crazy, am I?

Why do I need to talk to Apple? It's not their control.

Eudora and Microsoft use it. Why can't one of Microsoft's thousands of engineers post a document saying how to use it?

Or maybe I'm just dense.

P.S. Since IE (and maybe even OE) comes preinstalled on every Mac, it would stand to reason that the control is already installed on every Mac. Or maybe I'm just dense. Funny how that keeps coming up...

P.P.S. Remember that episode of M*A*S*H where Frank Burns ordered the camp to move across the road on the grounds that it is a mobile hospital? I'm beginning to think Frank Burns really exists and lives in Silicon Valley.