Re: Rant

Author:Oliver Breidenbach
Posted:1/6/2000; 5:39:28 AM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

The first time in 2 years, I can see this "new" Mac OS strategy go somewhere.

1) We all want to have fun, and Aqua just is fun. 2) Quartz is so pretty damn cool, as is Cocoa. BTW, Quartz DOES know how to render HTML, as it does PDF and RTF. It is in the Cocoa text object. (I´ve forgotten much of the details since that OpenStep kitchen...) Dave, it would be helpful to talk to the OmniGroup people about what you want to do, they have a very slick browser for Mac OS X.

So I am excited.

Cheers,

Oliver.