Re: Your favorite web-based DG interfaces?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/6/2000; 5:40:03 AM
Topic:Your favorite web-based DG interfaces?

2) Allow IE5 (and higher) users to edit with a rich text editor by using an IFRAME with designMode="On". Add a hidden TEXTAREA and then copy the contents of the IFRAME onClick() on the "post response" button. This is easy to implement, I have done it but I no longer have a demo, since I upgraded to Manila (which has other great features!). A demo of designMode itself is at http://cajal.mbb.ki.se/staff/sten. Requires IE5 (not 5.5).

To the Mac users who are tuned in, here's something to point out to Apple. Thanks for the example. Just one.

Go look at Blogger's Blog This! command. It's very nice. Everyone wants it. Me too. Can't do it on a Mac. Ooooops.