Re: This bubble has already been burst

Author:--
Posted:1/6/2000; 8:55:18 PM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

Maybe this'll all pan out for Apple, maybe not, but after watching a zillion people swoon over candy colored desktop iMacs I'm sure not going to attempt to out-predict Steve Jobs and the Apple marketing department.

That I agree. A product doesn't have to be done right (or perfect) to be successful. I still remember all the critism against iMac before its launch (I was one of the critics also). Did iMac has any major innovation? No, except the colors, maybe (NOTE: iMac WAS NOT the first computer equipped with USB). But iMac succeeds.

When I was critizing iMac back at that time, I did say that it would still sell like crazy even though it had some design flaws. Because it got momentum. I am going to say the same thing to mac.com. I don't like it, but it will attract a lot of people. Ghost-Town? Let's see. We can tell in a few months. But what I just found out is, any English name you can think of has been taken as username in mac.com. Even my name "Kam" was taken as well. Pikachu and Pokemon were also taken, so do many popular words.