Re: Your favorite DG interfaces? Navigation.

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:1/6/2000; 10:11:51 PM
Topic:Your favorite web-based DG interfaces?

NAVIGATION.............. Show the name of the top of the thread. Context for the current the message beyond, prev/next/replyto.

Check out the thread examples on this page.

http://www.wiredfool.com/stories/storyReader$18

I'm using #2 for threading messages in my mailserver, and it works really well for me.

And as for the e-mail interfaces, we're closer than you think with the mail. (Not that I speak at all for userland, this is with regard to my mailserver working alongside manila) I need a full weekend or so to get it together, and maybe more to make a good out of the box experience.

Currently I can have email to a specific address dump into a local discussion group or go through an xml-rpc interface to any net-accessible discussion group. I also have some code that will take any message in my mailserver and deliver it to any xml-accessible discussion group.

I'm planning to do an 'intersection' of manila and mailing lists. Not quite manila, not quite mailing lists. (but comes with a slice of cantelope at the end)

I've also got a script that will mail you any replies to your posts in a discussion group. See: http://www.wiredfool.com/discuss/msgReader$40

There are also a couple of other dg -> email pieces of the puzzle out there. I seem to remember someone doing a daily digest mailing from discussion groups. There is also the new post notification, which for some of the discussion groups has been pointed at a mailing list. (for example, the frontier discussion group is pointed at the frontier-server list)