Re: iReview needs a Mac

Author:Brian Honey
Posted:1/7/2000; 10:03:10 AM
Topic:iReview needs a Mac

This fact upset me - the whole iTools suite requires Mac OS 9. I happen to straddle the Win/Mac fence quite often; I've got 2 Macs at home, but am strictly Wintel at work. I haven't upgraded to OS 9 yet on either of my Macs, and was upset when I couldn't get at the iTools stuff.

Plus, say you do have an OS 9 box, and you use Mac.com for your email. If you have Win at work, Macs at home, or vice versa, what are you supposed to do about getting your mail when you're on the "wrong" platform? Sort of goes against the whole platform-neutral bent of the 'Net!!

And having to upgrade to the latest-n-greatest OS 9 even to access it seems a little too close to the Microsoft practice of having to have the latest version of anything to get the slightly-better-but-should-have-been-in-a-previous-release-anyway functionality of new products.