Re: A feature coming in MSIE

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:1/11/2000; 1:17:38 PM
Topic:A feature coming in MSIE

A problem with IE is that it's like a virus: it spreads its bits willynilly around your machine. Using their betas is always fraught with danger.

While I've never had severe problems with MS betaware, a friend who is a huge fan of MS and their products has, and even he won't install their beta stuff on his production machine anymore, because too often he's experienced what you have.

The only solution is usually to reformat your hdd and reinstall NT and everything else.

If you can afford it, only use their beta stuff on a spare machine, never on your day-to-day box.

While someone might come up with a solution, if you want to be productive quickly, you might have to do as I suggest above. :(

I don't envy you. And from what I'd read of the 5.5 beta, I've stayed away. I'm too tired of reinstalling NT.