Re: Flash in Manilla?

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:1/22/2000; 6:59:30 AM
Topic:Flash in Manilla?

As Manila supports more users, and some create commercial or creative designs around their sites, Flash and other technologies become very attractive. PNG, QuickTime, RealMedia come to mind.

There is something very attractive about Flash, though. Think XML-RPC with Flash; Frontier-data-enabling Flash. Alternate UIs for Manila content. For syndicated content. For visualizing numeric or semantic data.

My brother uses Flash for fun graphics on his Michael Jordan fan site; learned Flash scripting and design over a few weeks in his spare time. I love the idea of bringing that community into the weblog world.