Re: Flash does anti-aliasing

Author:Matt Kerner
Posted:1/22/2000; 9:58:48 AM
Topic:Flash in Manilla?

This shouldn't be too hard. I'm not entirely sure about the flash, but I'm working on it.

I can get a rough version of the entire messagereader page displaying in Shockwave (with Director) which also antialiases text. A dcr that just grabs and displays anti-aliased text would be very small.

The problem is this system does the entire page. Initially what we want is the central content within the plug-in, not the entire web page. Is there any way to just grab the html content of the story that get's displayed (not the accessory site stuff)?

Although there are a lot of cool possibilities if the whole web site can be driven by manilla, but I'd say XML-RPC in Flash is a ways off.

Kerner