Getting Generator Online

Author:Mike Jamieson
Posted:1/24/2000; 11:25:12 AM
Topic:Flash in Manilla?

I've been trying to come up with a quick way to get Macromedia Generator to render my Manila News flow and have come to a brick wall. Not being a Frontier Guru by any means I could use some help in automating the data source that Generator needs to read.

Generator unfortunatly can't understand xml data sources and while it can read data from a URL, it needs to be a comma delimited text file. I think what I'm looking for is a file similar to the scriptingnews2.xml output, but to start with just containing the most recent stories in a comma delimeted text file and a url like so..

http://mysite.site.com/generator/source.txt