scriptingNews outline for 1/29/00

Author:Dave Winer

DaveNet: Two Days at Davos.

We have pictures of the demonstration in Davos.

Clinton's speech was excellent. I wish he would talk to the American people with the frankness, directness, evangelism he showed this afternoon in Davos. As you know I am not a big Clinton fan. Now I want to talk with him to see if we're talking about the same thing. I just heard he can't get out of town because it snowing so hard. Hmm. Maybe he hasn't got dinner plans??

Unfortunately I can't mail this piece out, there's a technical problem "relay restricted" or something like that. Not sure what it's about, but there's no time to deal with it now. Sorry.

US President Bill Clinton is coming to Davos today so the polizei are out in great numbers. They're gathering in large groups, taking the bus, and holding machine guns.

Comfortable shoes with ribbed soles are important in places with lots of snow, like Davos.

Yesterday we met Meds Brugger of Virus magazine which he describes as the Danish Wired. He's a web guy, one of very few at Davos.