Manila Express for Mac - will this help?

Author:Tom Donovan
Posted:2/17/2000; 2:03:26 PM
Topic:Manila Express for Mac - will this help?

I have a little combination Javascript bookmarklet/mainResponder app that I wrote as a proof-of-concept. In a nutshell, the bookmarklet grabs the title and URL of the current page and feeds it to my Frontier server, which takes the items, packages them in a form that allows addition of a description and selection of a category, then stores them in a table.

The Javascript is:

javascript:theURL='http://myserver/bookmarks/'+document.title+'$'+location.href; void(window.open(theURL,'Backflip','toolbars=0,scrollbars=0,location=0,statusbars=0,menubars=0,resizable=0,width=500,height=400'))

As I said, this is proof-of-concept. To be useful, it would require more intelligence on the back-end, something like a FileMaker database.

At least that's what I was thinking before I saw Manila Express. With the right hooks in a Manila site, it sure seems like this could do for the Mac almost everything ME does on the Windows side. I updated my Manila root and MR root looking for something that might resemble such a hook, but didn't find anything. Are there any plans to release the source of ME?