Shitty software & Web applications

Author:Ben Griffiths
Posted:2/18/2000; 3:59:47 PM
Topic:Shitty software & Web applications

The way I see it, web applications (like Manila & ETP) can't afford to be shitty software. People would just go somewhere else. How's that for a kick up the ass for the software industry? Let's face it, us guys have got away with far too much for far too long.

Companies that enter into dialogue with their customers win. That's how it should be. In every other industry sector, that's how the winners are differentiated from the losers - service. Userland seem to understand this.

Will other software companies take note? I doubt it, so I'll wish them a fond goodbye.