How to resiliate your Amazon Account

Author:Karl Dubost
Posted:3/1/2000; 12:44:25 AM
Topic:How to resiliate your Amazon Account

I've resiliate my Amazon account. I sent a message to Amazon.

  >Subject: Amazon, End of my account
  >From: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
  >To: feedback@amazon.com
  >Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:15:48 +0100
  >
  >Dear people of amazon,
  >
  >I want that you erase me from all your databases :
  >
  >I'm Karl Dubost, the email address is **
  >There's no possibilities to do it online !!!!
  >

  >Reasons : The two patents of Amazon : Affiliate and One-Click
  >
  >Best Regards

The answer from Amazon

From: feedback@amazon.com
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 13:09:07 -0800 (PST)
To: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
Subject: Your Feedback to Amazon.com
from-address: feedback@amazon.com

Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com. If you would like us to close your Amazon.com account, please write back with some information about your last order (a title or two would suffice) so we can verify that it's your account.

Once your account is closed, it is no longer accessible by you or anyone else. Please note that if you have an Auctions account, Member Page, Wish List, or you are an associate you will no longer have access to your account for these purposes either. You would need to start a new account if you wish to order more titles from us, participate in auctions, or to take advantage of any other features on our web site which require a password.

If you simply want a credit card removed from the list of payment options on the order form, you may write back to us with the last five digits of the card. This way, you will not have to open a new account to continue ordering from us.

On February 22, 2000, Amazon.com was awarded patent #6,029,141. The patent application was filed on June 27, 1997, and generally relates to an Internet-based referral system such as Amazon.com's industry-leading Associates Program. The Patent Office reviewed our submission in view of information existing prior to our application and determined that our invention was patentable. The Patent Office determined it was patentable, not Amazon.com.

Patents are designed to encourage innovation. They are an important part of our intellectual property portfolio, as they are for any company in the high-tech field.

It is Amazon.com's policy to refrain from speculating about or commenting on potential future business strategies.

Full information on the Amazon.com Associates program is available at http://www.amazon.com/associates. The patent is accessible through http://www.uspto.gov.

We appreciate feedback from customers about all important issues concerning Amazon.com, and we carefully consider all viewpoints expressed. Please don't hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Patrick Handberg Amazon.com Earth's Biggest Selection http://www.amazon.com ============================== Check your order and more! http://www.amazon.com/your-account Questions? We have your answers! http://www.amazon.com/help