XML compile/decompile anomaly

Author:tommy.sundstrom@cma.se
Posted:2/29/2000; 4:53:41 PM
Topic:XML compile/decompile anomaly

When I xml.compile this element

I get a table that looks something like this:

category
   /atts
      name     "abc"
   /pcdata     ""

Then I use xml.addTable to add a to this. So far it works just fine.

category
   /atts
      name     "abc"
   /pcdata     ""
   story
      /atts
         name  "def"
      /pcdata  ""

But when I try to xml.decompile the element, the element is lost.

If I remove the /pcdata cell from the category, the is preserved.

I'm a beginner at xml but I belive that an element can have a mixed content with both pcdata and elements.

If not, maybe xml.decompile should give an error message.