Re: HTML Rendering

Author:Manton Reece
Posted:3/10/2000; 1:05:53 PM
Topic:HTML Rendering

Actually, there *is* an HTML rendering library built into the Mac OS:

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macos8/MultimediaGraphics/RenderingLibrary/renderinglibrary.html

I'm not aware of any applications that use this feature yet, except maybe Apple's Help Viewer.

I agree that Gecko would be nice. I guess it would be possible for Apple to bundle an optional library with some Mozilla code that uses a more advanced API than the simple HTML rendering engine they have now... My impression was that most apps will use an HTML library for doing simple things like displaying help documentation or a fancy about box, although there may be a few that want to build real interfaces using DHTML or XUL or whatever.