I hate Napster, Gnutella, Freenet...

Author:William Crim
Posted:4/5/2000; 4:34:43 PM
Topic:I hate Napster, Gnutella, Freenet...

This is off topic, but really annoying to me(Yes I know this isn't whining.editthispage.com), and I want other's opinions.

Gnutella and Freenet(not quite so much Napster) quite frankly break the whole TCP/IP purpose. They basicly span a whole range of port numbers, can choose them at random, and can pipe through known port numbers to serve non-standard content. Thier whole purpose is to be HARD to administer(therefore hard to restrict). I can understand thier desires, but as a Network admin I find these programs to be EVIL. They remove MY control of MY network.

OK... I am done ranting. :-)