Blue Sky > Leveraging the Userland community data

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:4/12/2000; 8:48:43 AM
Topic:Blue Sky > Leveraging the Userland community data

Anyone up for dinner in Milan on Friday?

The Vault, a high end staffing firm, makes its living, in part, by providing content and capturing detailed resume data from the career-minded for employers. They are trying to change their inventory of registered users into a community by:

They now have the enormous challenge of changing partipant behavior.

The UserLand world is already a vibrant community. We talk, shout, whine (off in a corner), post, weblog, crosslink, mail, celebrate. Can we beef up the /profiles system to create a basic, searchable people directory? across all the UserLand hosted servers? eventually allowing syndication of user selected content to and from the directory? people.userland.com? userlanders.com? I'd love to use it.

I wanted to look up friends of UserLander when I went on my March trip to Switzerland, London, and Netherlands. Beyond posting my travel intentions, it would have been cool to correspond directly with potential RL friends.