Re: Mozilla is not a browser

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:4/12/2000; 11:16:23 AM
Topic:Mozilla is not a browser

It could very easily replace Pike, or Dreamweaver, for the work that I do.

I can't see it replacing a good tool like dreamweaver, the editor work like the old version. I think the more important thing is that it can be incorporated into dreamweaver.

I don't use Dreamweaver as an HTML editor. I (am trying to) use it as a smart writing client front-end for a content management system. In those terms, Mozilla provides an attractive alternative for developing a client. Macromedia gives me a nice big API, but Mozilla gives me the source.

It's a weird, very interesting world. I talk to the Dreamweaver engineers at Macromedia, and they speak in terms of DW 'platform'... which it is. So there is DW the HTML WYSIWYG editor, and Dremweaver the platform.

And there's Mozilla the browser, and Mozilla the platform.

So I think there are very different expectations at work here.