Re: Private Business Matters

Author:Bryce
Posted:4/14/2000; 2:45:07 PM
Topic:First Amendment

My only intent here was to present a differing view that would perhaps depict a vendor's perspective. Given your response, that obviously was not understood or appreciated. Oh well.

I know first-hand about problems with incumbant telcos and upstream ISPs, and the difficulties in working with both. Tier-I providers (which I do not consider Conxion to be) will terminate access agreements over matters far less serious than what occurred here, and they really don't give a damn who you are.

I continue to believe that the specifics of your problems with PacBell/Conxion were a business matter that should have remained private, not editorial fodder. Conxion's actions would seem to back that position. I think that you stand to learn a lot from this experience, and I don't just mean studying up on libel or contract law.

If you want to know more about me, I would be happy to have a private discussion with the understanding that it is to remain private. My past and present employers have strictly-worded disclosure policies that I would rather not test on the Scripting News home page.

Take care,

-Bryce

ps: I really am flattered that my posts didn't quite qualify as turds to be flushed.