MPAA site under attack

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:4/15/2000; 9:20:29 AM
Topic:MPAA site under attack

According to this MSNBC article from Thursday April 13th, the Motion Picture Association of America web site might be under a DoS attack. They're still offline, I haven't been able to connect to them.

Them talking about it publicly like that is so clueless, it makes you want to laugh. Like, "We're not sure if we're under a DoS attack, would you please try to see if you can get to our web site from your web browser? Thanks!". By publicizing the attack they're asking the net at large to participate, join the party! If they weren't being slash-dotted previously by hackers, now they are for sure, by Jo Random Surfer.

Clueless. Hopeless. Like dinosaurs waiting for the meteorite to hit.