Re: A suggestion to make CD sales useful again.

Author:William Crim
Posted:4/17/2000; 6:51:40 PM
Topic:Music and the Internet

It might be interesting if an artist sold a hybrid CD, where the last track was pre-ripped MP3s of various sample rates. I ripped my CD collection at 128k, but they take up far too much space on a portable, where 96k rate would be better.

Your average Napster user might be more inclined to buy a CD if it had his stuff pre-ripped, in a usable format, and offering something you don't usually get off Napster(i.e. full albums, variable bit rates, etc)