Re: Private Business Matters

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:4/18/2000; 3:09:31 PM
Topic:First Amendment

Dave wrote: Jacob the claims on their website *are* total bullshit..

I just found out that you can't order this stuff, as Dave said. However, the full story is that (a) you have to be provisioned with a T3 and multiple other connections to qualify for their fail-safe guarantee, and (b) they *do not* guarantee five-nines uptime, instead they give you a money-back guarantee if they're not up five-nines, and (c) that's not the service that Dave has, so he does not qualify for money back. Finally, (d) the reason you can't order this stuff even if you qualified is that the service only starts in May 2000.

So, Dave, sorry, but they're IMHO not "total bullshit" as you wrote. I personally think that you've taken an extreme view on what you wrote above and in general on how you perceive the Conxion service.

Furthermore, this IMHO is not an attack on your editorial integrity or any such thing. Editorial integrity is a good subject for discussion, I just fail to make the connection between that and the Conxion situation. It'd be great if you spelled it out.

As I said, the group hug thing stands, irrespective of this disagreement. Yes, changing ISPs is a hassle and a pain. SH*T happens.