Re: Why do artists have their own software companies?

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:4/20/2000; 12:55:35 PM
Topic:Why do artists have their own software companies?

There are a few discussion groups on the net frequented by professional and semi-pro writers. Every so often a thread about text editors comes up.

Some of them use Microsoft (not without complaints) but others use emacs or vi, and there seems to be a real fondness for a few ancient DOS editors whose names escape me. WYSIWYG isn't a requirement, given that manuscript submissions tend to be in 12-point Courier.

Personally, I find the text-handling behavior on Windows to be awkward in general, so I prefer writing on a NeXT box.