Re: For review: tcp.getMail

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:4/20/2000; 3:22:00 PM
Topic:For review: tcp.getMail

Also, I was wondering about the parseMsg2() subroutine. In the script, the call to webserver.util.parseHeaders is commented out and replaced with a call to string.httpResultSplit.

That would be my contribution to the code. Not necessarily a defense, but an explanation.

There was a reason for that at one point, although the reason may be lost to the ages. I suppose that's what comments are for....

yet you don't set any variable to the returned value of the call

That's because the body will be empty. Note that what is being passed in is the headers, + enough blank lines for the match to know that there are a valid set of headers, and extra info. I did this to reduce the amount of text slinging around in the case where the message was large. (since the headers are limited to < 1k or so)

eric