Re: Why do artists have their own software companies?

Author:Kendall
Posted:4/21/2000; 1:01:44 PM
Topic:Why do artists have their own software companies?

I dumped MS Word after writing my masters' thesis, primarily because it was incapable of putting footnotes on the same page as their references. Which, if you're writing long academic pieces, is enough to make you scream.

This is exactly what led me 5 years ago to dump Windows altogether and embrace Linux: LaTeX, Emacs and tons of academic papers that I needed to complete w/out my 'word processor' crashing regularly, or just producing really ugly output.

I've converted lots of writers to Linux just for the pleasure of using Emacs as God meant it to be used. :>