Re: ISPs of convenience

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/24/2000; 6:47:25 AM
Topic:ISPs of convenience

Nobody says you have to be perfect.

Find the right balance of prior-thought and waiting-too-long.

Personally, I tend to talk too quickly. Often on reflection, even just a little, I see another angle. Then perhaps a few questions come up. The thing I want us to avoid is making accusations too quickly. That makes the whole thing defensive.

Questions, unpointed ones, are fine. It's the ones with points that hurt, and even worse is when people don't bother to ask questions, and begin a whole lecture based on a false premise. Those are embarassing and difficult and waste a lot of time and bandwidth and sometimes result in flames. We've been doing the email thing for two decades now, looping around this one is not fun for me now, if it ever was.