Re: Open services talk

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:5/10/2000; 10:51:49 AM
Topic:Open services talk

Andrew wrote:

It would be so cool if I could have an ETP site with it's own xml-rpc api that I develop ...

This is a cool idea. A first step would have to be built into Frontier, an interface discovery XML-RPC server. You point the API at an XML_RPC server installed in your copy of Frontier and ask it to return a structure describing the interface of that server -- what arguments are expected, etc etc.

Then, a server side component that takes such a structure and a list of DB addresses and implements the dispatch mechanism to call e.g. the fifth address when the fifth method in the structure is called.

Finally, the complementary other side of the coin would be a Frontier piece of code that would take such a structure and implement a client side stub to make calls on the server.

IOW automate both sides of the process.

Comments?