Re: "Open" vs. "Closed"

Author:Matthew R. Wilson
Posted:5/10/2000; 12:12:28 PM
Topic:"Open" vs. "Closed"

Eventually...I'll post another message back here when it is in a quasi-releasable state.

I do have a question about terminology. the "XML-RPC interface for Manila" defines what a CMS needs to include to be "Pike Compatable" and "Manila Compatable." What about CMSs that only implement a subset of those methods that make sense for the particular CMS? Could my CMS be labelled as "Pike Enabled" since it doesn't meet the Pike Compatable requirements, yet still uses Pike? It doesn't really matter, but it could be an interesting question...