Where to find the Jim Allchin memos?

Author:Bryce
Posted:6/18/2000; 1:31:47 PM
Topic:Where to find the Jim Allchin memos?

Does anyone have a link to the actual text of the Jim Allchin memos that Dave has been referring to? All I can find are small quotes, such as this one:

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-329400.html

I'm curious to find out if the memos are as nefarious as the sound bites make them seem. The quotes are obviously bad by themselves, but what is the context? I could read "we must leverage Windows" as "We must illegally tie IE to Windows in order to crush Netscape." I could also read it as "We must integrate IE with Windows so the the OS and Internet experiences are one and the same."

The latter is plausible to me. I make use of the DAV integration in Windows 2000 on a daily basis, and to me the feature is innovative (hey, my remote web site is just another folder on my system) and a geniune time saver.

But the memo, sans spin, would speak the truth to me.

-Bryce