Re: Ambiguious Qbullets - scrollto.gif

Author:Robert Black

Since the image is providing a permanent link to the item described to the left of it, how about using a left-arrow?

Hah! Bryce beat me to it. My suggestion is to rotate 'scrollup.gif' counter-clockwise 90 degrees, and rename it 'scrollto.gif'

That would be more intuitive imho, because as Bryce says, then the arrow points to the heading, instead of away from it. It would also help avoid confusion with the informal standard that says an up arrow takes you to the top of the page, which this one doesn't do.

ps. Love the feature.

pps. I've always wanted browsers to support a custom anchor tag. Right now, to point to a specific paragraph, there needs to be an anchor already placed there by the author. I'd prefer to just select a paragraph in a page, and create a hyperlink that has that quote embedded in it after the hash. Then when you click on the link, the browser loads the page, searches for the text in the link, and jumps to the first place on the page that contains it. Then I could point to anywhere without having to rely on anchors already being there.