Re: scriptingNews outline for 6/28/2000

Author:David Brown

At its core, we're defining an XMLization for outlines.

Cool.

When this is done and stabilized, will it become the standard way that outlines are communicated via Pike? I would really like that -- it would make it easier to deal with things like the little line-ending conversion I have to deal with in ZopeFish.

It's the year 2000, and I still have to worry about the difference in line endings between Win32/Mac/Unix. That really bites the wax tadpole. Isn't it about time we fixed this? I think standard XML document formats will go a long way towards this.

dave