Re: scriptingNews outline for 6/28/2000

Author:Dave Winer

When this is done and stabilized, will it become the standard way that outlines are communicated via Pike? I would really like that -- it would make it easier to deal with things like the little line-ending conversion I have to deal with in ZopeFish.

You never know.

Of course will support the current way Pike works with Manila forever, it's too good and complete to ever stop doing it that way.

But the format will be fully supported too, in ways that the Manila connection could never do (at least not given my current understanding of the problem). There's something fundamentally different from a document that's intended to be rendered into HTML, and one that must preserve all of its structure even while it's being browsed.

On the other hand, who knows?

One things's for sure, if you like s and want to use them to bridge to Zope, that will be very easy to do in Pike.