Re: b. an XBEL based bookmark server

Author:Andrew Wooldridge
Posted:6/29/2000; 10:30:39 AM
Topic:b. an XBEL based bookmark server

I have too many questions, so Ill just wait. But I do have one in particular that is itching me. Will I be able to link an outline element to another element in the same outline?

Say I had a 2nd level cat of colors, and one of animals in the colors cat, in the brown branch, I have links to all the brown animals. Now in the animals branch, under dogs, I have links to all the colors a dog could be. Will this sort of thing be possible?

I could imagine a UI where you are almost traversing a maze, sorta. Where any given element may have multiple "parents" and multiple "children" Assuming that the links are 2 way (where if you link from A to X, X also now knows this and can link back to A)

I'm sure this is a premature question, but I'm wondering if outlines will be "org chart" like or "cloud" like.