Re: xml namespaces

Author:Dan Lyke
Posted:6/29/2000; 8:30:48 PM
Topic:xml namespaces

One addition to this note (if Dave hadn't already responded to my initial message I'd probably go and put it in the initial message, but...).

The other advantage of namespaces is that a comprehensive solution means that everyone has to adopt the same standard. The namespace solution means that publishers can pick and choose which clients they mean to support. I'm not sure that that's a better solution, but I do think it's more pragmatic and more likely to actually be useful.