Re: Image Editing and Cataloging

Author:Tommy Williams
Posted:7/24/2000; 12:26:38 PM
Topic:Image Editing and Cataloging

For years I have used Adobe Photoshop, and later ImageReady, for working with digital images. I tried a variety of other programs for editing images from my digicam, but I could never give up Photoshop's power. Friends kept telling me to try Jasc Software's Paintshop Pro. I did, during the 5.x series, and the 6.x series, and always found it lacking.

I think that lack is over.

I downloaded the public beta of version 7 of PaintShop Pro a few weeks ago and it has everything I need to edit my digital images. I've gotten very good with Photoshop's curves and levels, but I can achieve comparable results with PaintShop Pro. Add the much better batch features of PaintShop Pro and its innate Web-centered view of the world, and I'm very happy.

Add to this the expense of Photoshop in the retail world (I bought all my previous copies while working for an academic institution and hence got educational pricing) and PaintShop Pro looks even better.

Screen shots are a snap, too. I believe that's where Dave's first complaint started....