Re: Image Editing and Cataloging

Author:Ralph Hempel
Posted:7/24/2000; 1:00:59 PM
Topic:Image Editing and Cataloging

I guess I should add that my needs are NOT for really bizarre textures and photo-tweaking for print media. All I do is grab digital photos and save them to my hard drive.

When I need to use one on my website, I grab it into Frontier after compressing it and do the usual things. I don't have time to do fancy Photoshop stuff like other sites (because I focus on content after all...:-)

Simple needs = simple software.

I am writing a couple of chapters for a book and used Word because everyone else on the project did too. I got very frustrated very fast at how hard it was to link source code that was changing into the document. Stuff that Word was NEVER designed for.

Then I submitted a chapter that I outlined in Frontier and had it render the txt to HTML. Then I threw it at ishtar12 (HTML-RTF) and everyone was happy they could read it in Word.....and I was happy that my tool of choice (Frontier) let me focus on content, not formatting or updating new code sections.

Cheers, Ralph Hempel