Image Editing and Cataloging

Author:Ralph Hempel
Posted:7/24/2000; 10:57:28 AM
Topic:Image Editing and Cataloging

Reading Dave's bit on how Adobe and Microsoft missed the boat on stuff like image saving reminds me that I don't use their products either....they're bundled for free and worth every penny :-)

I've paid for the following shareware products and they're really good for maintaining and editing digital photographs...

lview PRO <http://www.lview.com> for editing images

SuperJPG <http://www.midnightblue.com> for cataloging

The SuperJPG has a really neat image indexing function where you create "keys" for your images and then just drag the images to the keys.

For instance, I have three sons - Eric, Owen, and Graham - and I make a key for each. Every time I download pics from my camera, I drag pictures with Eric to his key, and so on. The images stay where you downloaded them to.

Later, when I want pics of Eric and Owen but not Graham, I can set up a simple query (graphically) and all the images from all the directories come up.....

This is soooo powerful it's easy to miss.

Hope this helps in the quest for excellent imaging software....

Cheers, Ralph Hempel