Your new music-playlist app

Author:Will Cate
Posted:7/25/2000; 2:31:30 PM
Topic:Your new music-playlist app

Looking forward to seeing the new app-formerly-known-as Pike, but your statement

"...(it's probably easier and more powerful than professional radio station software)..."

begs for a brief reality check. At our stations we use software called the Scott System (Scott Studios, Dallas), the heart of which is a full-color, touch-screen application which does all the things you describe, plus instantly sorts up to 10,000 songs, commercials, jingles, etc. by artist, title, length, date, or other customizable criteria.

To be sure, it's not intended for the common user, but it is a joy to behold, and it never, ever crashes. (did I mention it runs under DOS? and weighs only 750K? Now that's some tight code...)