Re: Naming the new app + only stealing from the best

Author:Kevin Miller
Posted:7/25/2000; 5:52:19 PM
Topic:Naming the new app

I've been using some software that you should check out (it's free, so I doubt there are patents involved). This is free software that works with an s-link controller, so that I can control a Sony CD Jukebox from my computer, set up playlists, search for songs, etc.

It's at www.nirvis.com, the software is called "CDJ," and there's a screenshot of the program here

http://www.nirvis.com/images/ir/screenshot.gif

The program is free, but I don't think you can do anything with it unless you have the hardware device they sell (that controls various IR and S-LINK and I-LINK devices -- really neat if you have need of that functionality BTW).

As for the name, I just wanted to point out that the acronym is pregnant with possibilities:

RU-Talking

RU-Listening

RU-alone (for the WAP version)

RU-lookingatme