Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Re: Naming the new app
Author: Dave Winer Posted: 7/25/2000; 10:18:30 AM Topic: Naming the new app Msg #: 19032 (In response to 19029) Prev/Next: 19031 / 19033
I like Radio UserLand! A lot.
And you're right, each additional app takes up very little space, both as a download and on disk.
But factor this in, playlist authoring is the killer app for 2000. Yes, the ability to edit for Manila sites is key, and longterm possibly more important than the playlist editor app. But the eye-opener, the enabler, is the radio app.
Thanks for the neat idea. We wouldn't even have to reserve a new domain for it, it could be radio.userland.com. Sounds cooool!
There are responses to this message:
- Re: Naming the new app, Andrew Wooldridge, 7/25/2000; 10:25:09 AM
- Pike as a platform, Will Conant, 7/25/2000; 10:45:21 AM
- Re: Naming the new app, Jim Stegman, 7/25/2000; 11:42:47 AM
- Re: Naming the new app, Jonathan Hendry, 7/25/2000; 1:17:37 PM
- Re: Naming the new app, Kevin Miller, 7/25/2000; 1:55:53 PM
- Re: Naming the new app + only stealing from the best, Kevin Miller, 7/25/2000; 5:52:19 PM
- Re: Naming the new app, Ralph Hempel, 7/26/2000; 1:47:43 AM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:55:50 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.