Re: We'll love them with our money

Author:Jacob Levy
Posted:7/27/2000; 9:09:36 AM
Topic:Boycott the record industry?

Dave

That's a nice proposal that gives you and me the warm fuzzy wuzzies, but...

Think about what you're doing: all you'll be doing is giving these greedy bastards more money so they can go out and sue more people. You don't expect any of this additional revenue to show up in artists' pay, do you? Nah, they're on starvation contracts with fixed pay-out. Anyway the artists are already waddling in red ink for promotion, merchandising, distribution, publicity and air-time costs, so first they'd have to pay that. No -- any additional money is for the fat cats.

The way to force the record industry to reconsider *is* through their pocket book, that much I agree with you. However, not by love sit-ins and flower power. They don't understand that kind of stuff. The bottom line uber alles. 'nuf said.

I definitely will *not* be at Tower during the weekend. I'm going to spend my money at Fry's on a bigger disk and better speakers for my 'puter so I can store more music and better listen to it.

Jacob