Re: DSL Comments?

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:7/28/2000; 8:48:19 AM
Topic:DSL Comments?

I live in Denver and just recently got DSL. I first opted to use an out of state DSL provider, and after they played around for 3 months I told them to get lost. I then called up US West and had my modem AND service in under 2 weeks.

I live in Seattle. Due to moving and f*ed c*pnies, I've ordered DSL 4 times, and had it installed 3 times.

#1, USWest Ordered August 18 - Working December 7. I moved a month later.

#2, USWest, Ordered December 14. Finally cancelled order in April after much running around, lying, and 6 months of incorrect bills. Got a cellphone, ditched USWest completely.

#3 Flashcom-covad, Ordered Early April, Working April 28. (384 symmetric) This was fine till they had some major routing problems this December, and February, and March. Got in a fight with them over acceptable down time, and they cut my service.

#4, Speakeasy-Covad. Called in to get the service transfered from Flashcom, when that blew up, they got me on a new, faster, cheaper connection in 3 weeks. (1.5down, 384 up) I call and I can get name and extension, I can leave a message and they call me back. And they're local, so if I have a real problem, I can talk to a real live human.

And they run a really cool net.cafe downtown, with really good tea. (And coffee)

eric