Desktop Userland

Author:Karl Dubost
Posted:7/31/2000; 7:08:32 AM
Topic:Desktop Userland

After Radio Userland, why not have Desktop Userland. A product that will give us the oppotunity to share our network space.

You have a list of groups, these groups have different rights on your shared space. You can put documents inside (mp3, word, images, scripts, templates, ...). Your space is seen with the Desktop Metaphor or choose the Frontier outline Metaphor. Someone want to complete your space, it could do it by a simple Cut And Paste of his own element from his, her root.

We have a website table, so we could have a shared table accessible by others under rights conditions and user groups. Every Frontier root in the world could exchange data together as simple as you make an update for new release. After Update your root, You will have synchronize root and it will send the data to differents roots you have access and where you have decided to give data.

Some references to illustrate this :
http://magi.endeavors.org/html/magi.html
http://www.webdav.org/goliath/#screenshot