Re: Napoli on Napster

Author:Brad Pettit
Posted:7/31/2000; 10:41:28 AM
Topic:Napoli on Napster

That's not at all my logic. You have every right to develop Frontier AND get paid for it. You stated on Scripting News:

"Do I expect to get paid for the work I do? The answer, sadly, is no. That's because I choose to be creative and honest, and writing software is even less appreciated an art than being a musician."

I believe you have every right to not expect payment (your words, not mine), although you certainly always deserved it. Users who got pissed at you for wanting remuneration were selfish and inconsiderate.

Conversely, Metallica (using your choice of example) has every right to expect payment for its work.