Re: outlineDocuments in mozilla

Author:Samuel Reynolds
Posted:7/31/2000; 12:39:10 PM
Topic:outlineDocuments in mozilla

The size of a cookie is restricted to (I think) 1k.

However--there's a neat trick you can use for storing stuff (such as a navigation outline, for example) across multiple pages: You can store it in the Navigator object. I wouldn't use this trick for stuff you don't want the next user at the CyberCafe to see, but as long as you keep security issues in mind, it could be useful for browser-local storage.

(I use this trick in framed sites for keeping navigation and content pages in sync.)

- Sam