Re: Paying for software/price point

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:8/1/2000; 5:02:44 PM
Topic:Paying for software/price point

Yeah, but with most Webhosting systems it's trivial to just upload your Web site to a different account. AFAIK, you can't really do that with Manila, because there isn't any software that knows how to import a Manila site.

Also, I think an extreme subscription model for software is unfair. If I'm using a piece of software that I paid for and I don't need updates or support, why should I keep paying for the same software over and over again? Services are obviously different, because it costs money to provide a service.