Re: Messiah

Author:stanp@iname.com

Where there is so much out there on the web I wonder how many musicians are actually aware of Scripting News, Manila, or RadioUserland. It may be that you need to seek out these musicians rather than wait for them to come to you. Perhaps get feedback from readers of scripting news on musicians websites that appear to have a bit of personnal involvement by the musician and some indication that they are looking for a new distribution model. Most of the musician sites that I visit appear to be either professionally produced by their promoter/label, or a hack by a fan.

Here's my nomination for someone you might talk to. Take a look at http://www.woodpecker.com/aboutwp.html to read the statement regarding the purpose of Harvey Reid's website. Take a look at the rest of the site too. There's a lot of information there, including selected downloads of his music, much of his writing ( including an essay on mp3 from a musician's pov, his lyrics, history, etc...