Re: Radio UserLand == Pike

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/3/2000; 9:49:40 AM
Topic:Whither Pike?

It's not a stupid question.

The URL is as you say. If you save an outline at the top level of the www folder, say foo.xml, it's url will be:

http://127.0.0.1:80/foo.xml

If you're running on a port different from 80, of course, that part of the URL will be different.

Note that as of 7.0b1, you can only serve XML files from that folder, but next week we're going to make the server fully general. I decided that we want a full HTTP server there, not just one that serves XML.