What is RDF?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:8/20/2000; 8:05:07 PM
Topic:What is RDF?

Tomorrow I want to run a survey on Scripting News asking what RDF is.

http://surveys.userland.com/surveys/run/dave@userland.com/whatIsRdf

You all presumably know that I don't like RDF. I'm most likely to vote for the "Guha Retirement Plan" choice. But I know other people like RDF. I just never understand their reasons why.

I hope to start a discussion that instead of rambling all over the map into someday panaceas that depend on a lot of magic, focuses on what RDF can do for us today, and what the costs assosicated with that are, so intelligent busy people can make a decision.

And so if it turns out that RDF is too complicated by two orders of magnitude (another choice), we can figure out how to deliver the benefits it promises without compromising simplicity and without waiting for magic to happen.

Thanks for your help, I hope to learn a lot through this process.